Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Watercolor crayons

20 x 30 cm  Watercolor Crayons and Watercolor on Arches 140 WCP


I am back in the saddle again and decided to jump in at the last minute to try the latest challenge from Karin Jurick - drawing from a photo of a statue.

I used 3 Caran dAche watercolor crayons to make the drawing:  Royal Blue, Bordeaux Red and Golden Ochre. Then I used a brush full of water and blended these colors to define my shadow areas. While it was still wet I dropped in some regular watercolor (yellow ochre, ultramarine blue and permanent rose) to finish it off. My friend Hillary Miller sent the crayons to me as a surprise after I admired some drawings she had done with them.

These crayons are such a joy to work with!  I can't wait to take them with me to my life study group next week!

0 Responses to “Watercolor crayons”

Post a Comment