Tuesday, December 21, 2010

What I Have (Not) Been Painting



I have been starting and not finishing a lot of painting for the last few weeks.

 I think part of it is that I am trying a lot of new things and my ideas get ahead of what I am doing and I want to move on - not continue what I am working on. It started when I got so frustrated with my watercolor that I decided to try and paint in oil.  Of course, that means learning a lot of new things, both materials and the way oil works, not to mention doing some amazingly cruddy painting. 

came to town and I went back to watercolor in order to try out all kinds of new ideas and techniques I watched her demonstrate over the course of a 6 day workshop.

Notes from the workshop...
 Now, I have watercolors and oils which are all in some degree of an unfinished state. 

Below are some examples. I do plan to finish something from here, but for now - 
I  am posting only the fruits of my discontent!
a larger, unfinished watercolor version of this sketch

maybe 1/2 finished oil of my son, Seth
New (to me) technique
of drawing directly onto
tracing paper. (Thanks, Myrna!)

Almost finished watercolor of my dad from the drawing above.

Seth (10 years old)

Charlie

watercolor just barely started from the above drawing.


Studies in preparation for the oil painting started below



0 Responses to “What I Have (Not) Been Painting”

Post a Comment