Friday, June 17, 2011

Abstract Art Painting Techniques Discussion Second Post.

Q: Hi Peter :) I love your work so so so much. I'm going to uni in September to study Fine art and I've been told that for the first year of my course I will be creating abstract paintings. I have never really done any abstract paintings, I've been doing to some research and I came across yourself, I'm amazed by your talent. I just wanted to know is there any specific technique or style to use for first time abstract painting? Or should I just put paint to paper and see where my mind takes it? If that makes sense. Thanks Emma.

A: Thank you Emma, I would suggest to just give it a try and see where you mind takes you. It would be easier to do this on stretched canvas since acrylic paint is fast drying you can paint over it as many times as you like. When you start just thing of blurry subject and see how you can use your creativity to compose it in an abstract way to make it eye catching.

Q: What is the price for the lessons on dvds?

A: I apologize at this time I only can offer digital download of my abstract art video presentations.

Q: Hi Peter, my name is George, from Crete, Greece. I have always had a warm spot in my heart for painting and having stumbled on your instruction videos i thought I should start painting. I think I should continue with oils because acrylics dry fast. What would your recommend to a beginner?

A: I would personally recommend watercolors and acrylics. The oils are very hard to work with if you don't know what you doing. They also very hard to mix together it is much much different than water-based paint that you have more control over.

Q: Hi Pete, You inspire me to go back to painting and drawing after blocking myself for so long..., my question is, do you give courses? You do an amazing job. Thanks.

A: I am truly delighted that my abstract painting videos motivate others to start painting! I have dedicated a special page on my website where I provide more art videos on how to paint at http://petesoriginalart.com/videos.php

Q: Your work is amazing and I was just wondering what are all the different tools you use to create you pieces?


Q: this sizes are in centimeters or feet? i dont k now im from europe,i want to buy here but i dont know the sizes

A: All paintings on this website are measured in inches. Thank you for asking.

Q: Hello, I was wondering how close you get in recreating a painting... I really love the purple river. But am afraid it won't be anything like it. How does the recreation work?

A: I do my best to get as close as possible to the original painting. The way the recreation process work is after the payment is received for the painting that has to be recreated I would gather all the required materials to include stretched canvases, paint, I would than paint the painting trying to match the colors and theme of the original. After I am finished I would email you to let you know that the painting is finished and I would also post the image of the created painting on my website under custom art page. If you would need any adjustments done to the painting I would be glad to get those worked in. If for some reason you are unsatisfied with the final result I would just refund the money no question asked. However in case if you decide that you don't want the painting in the middle of the process because you changed your mind I would still refund your money but keep 10% restocking fee. My ultimate goal is to make sure that all my customers completely satisfied and I will do everything that I can to meet that goal.

Q: Delightful to watch over your shoulder while you paint. Thank you for sharing with us.

A: Thank you for watching my art videos and your nice comments!

Q: Goodmoring Peter, I'm a Dutch woman who was surfing on they internet, and stopped with surfing until I find what I was looking for. I'm just an amateur. I have been painting many years and also I lost my inspiration for many years because I was straggling and there was no space for any kind of inspiration. So now Í was ready for some painting lessons and there was you ...on the internet! Wow that's what I was looking for! I have looked almost all you videos on YouTube and I loved them!! I've been running to the shop to buy paint and anything that I need to make something wonderful and have made it. I did copied your paintings and I hope you don't mind. I will like to make a many more paintings with your style and sell them when I have a lot of them. I will sell them for charity, people who are in need. That's my goal. I like to thank you for your videos, because of your videos have returned my inspiration! I like to ask you few questions: what kind of underground do you use? Gesso? and what kind of paint which mark do you use? And what kind of brushes do you use to make interesting lines? With the best regards from me and Holland.

A: Thank you for your comments. I have no problem with people using my painting techniques on their paintings. That is why I share my art videos. Usually I do not use anything on the canvas before I start painting. Sometimes I wet the canvas surface and sometimes I add white paint before I begin applying colors. I use liquitex acrylic paint and the brushes are just regular brushes that have thin sharp edges on the other end. Thank you again for your nice comments and your questions!

Q: Hi peter, thanks for the tutorial video. How long the learning process that you need to become an expert like that? Have you do some trial and error at the beginning your abstract work? or is it just flowing from your amazing talent?

A: I was lucky to be influenced to art and painting from very childhood. My mother is a professional artist and art teacher in St. Petersburg Russia. This has definitely made a big difference in the way I looked at art. Thank you for asking!


0 Responses to “Abstract Art Painting Techniques Discussion Second Post.”

Post a Comment