Saturday, January 15, 2011

painting comics panel step by step

Painting comics panel step by step.  Today sketch is one of the panels from the horror comics I am working on.  Now I am on page 4.  In the beginning, I start of with speedie style, then somehow I end up spending too much time on just one panel.  I did that for four to five panels, and that was not the plan I had in mind because it was taking way to long to finish one.  This one take me about four to six hours to finish because I keep going back and forth.  Also the rendering is a bit too polish than what I had in mind.
So the next panel would be something of a more sketchy and I am stylizing all the characters.  I think there is a reason for stylizing a character.  Wednesday and Thursday I only finish two and a half panels.  Friday, I finished more than 5 panels in one day.  Big different in time spend and it is more spontaneous and fun. First, it is easier and faster to draw than realistic approach.  Second, it is a lot easier to get more consistency when you try to make them look alike.  So I am going to stick with that for a few weeks and see how it turns out.

Master painter quote, "If I got it right every time, there would be little sense of accomplishment." ~Richard Schmid

Anyway, here is one of the panel



And below are step by step tutorial:
draw and paint comics tutorial

zombie horror hand
Here is another panel
drawing comics panel

CHECK OUT our full length PREMIUM video tutorials
Free  Videos      Download & More

0 Responses to “painting comics panel step by step”

Post a Comment