Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Color palette for digital painting 2009 from 1stdrawingandpaint

Color palette for digital painting 2009 from 1stdrawingandpaint
The color palette file is just another element for my way of doing thing, it helps me speed up my work flow, instead of looking for color I want in HSB bar or scale (I can just pick the color I usually like, in other words, they are more useful to me.) Then for addition colors, values, and hues, I can adjust it accordingly on the HSB bar as I need.

Here is my 2009 color palette


As you can see I arrange warm and cool colors group on the opposite site of the palette as if I am laying palette in traditional oil painting. It's can be useful when you do it right. It helps reminding me of warm and cool in shadow and light:
Cool Light ---> Warm shadow
Warm Light --> Cool Shadow

Warm color side:
Warm colors often relate to life, living, but also could represent danger, blood, fire, etc in some case when given the right values. They are vivid in nature. They are bold and energetic. Warm colors are those that tend to advance in space; therefore, caution needs to be taken so you do not overwhelm your content with eye catching hues. If an element in your design needs to pop out, consider using warm colors to do that.

Cool Color side:

Cool colors are soothing in nature, it could also, in extreme case, be related to cold, dull, and unlively depending on the values we play around with. They give an impression of calm and rarely overpower the main content or message of a design. Cool colors tend to recede; therefore, if some element of your design needs to be in the background, give it cool tones. More info on warm vs cool colors

SkinTone and accent:
The color on the palette include, the color pigment of skin base its variation and accent color to help bring the base color to life.

Well I hope they are somewhat intuitive, have fun!

Also I found really cool brush set from brusheezy.com: paintey brushes
Just click the link then download from there. :)

PS: I haven't really done much art in the past week, other than Kapow page.

New Drawing Video tutorials:
-Draw Female spy comics style
-How to draw witch hunter
-How to draw a woman
-How to draw Manga female character
-Draw Metal Gear girl assassin.
-Drawing Manga woman face, hair, and torso
-Painting portrait front view
-Painting portrait profile or side view
-Painting portrait 3/4 view

** If you have any basic questions or specific please looked up Q/A section. Most of the time your questions has already been answered in Q/A.

If you need any help or support you can
-post questions or comment on the post (seems to be the fastest way to get response)
Peace,

0 Responses to “Color palette for digital painting 2009 from 1stdrawingandpaint”

Post a Comment